Wrapping up for Christmas
14 December 2021
As 2021 draws to a close, we were delighted to welcome members of the Livery to our final Court Luncheon of the year and to reflect on the challenges and successes of the last twelve months.
We began in January with much hope that the coming year would see a return to some level of ‘normality’ following the difficulties presented by the pandemic in 2020 and, while the Brewers’ Company, our stakeholders, schools, beneficiaries, charities and, of course, the brewing industry itself, have continued to face trials and challenges, there has also been a lot of positive news to celebrate.
In 2021 the Company…
- Welcomed 1 new member company and 16 new members of the Livery
- Administered the distribution of £1,675,000 via its charities
- Hosted 9 social events attended by 470 guests
- Provided 10 Governors for its schools
- Acted as Trustee to 11 charities
- Was represented by the Master at 25 external events
- Delivered 2 Beer Money ceremonies and a Brewers’ Lecture to its schools
- Organised 10 sporting and cultural events for members
- Spread the word to 716 followers on Twitter
The December Court Luncheon was a most enjoyable occasion and we were delighted that so many of our members were able to attend. At the Court meeting beforehand, two new Liveryman had been admitted: Billy Aubby of Heineken UK and Michael O’Dwyer, who stepped down as Clerk to the Company in November. During his speech at the Luncheon, the Master welcomed Michael as an Honorary Liveryman, thanked him for his service over the last eight years and presented some gifts from the Company and its members.
The Company remains grateful for the stalwart support of its members through all the ups and downs of the past twelve months and we look forward to continuing our work in 2022.